09.30 Gather for registration at The Landmark Hotel, Landmark Suite.
Including welcoming address and outline of the programme.
Discussion on MacDermot Clan Association: aims and objectives.
11.00 Presentation on the fundamentals of genealogical research.
Speaker tbc but hope to have the participation of Roscommon Roots, Strokestown.
13.00 Lunch break. Guests can avail of this time to discover Carrick’s wide variety of lunchtime eateries.
14.30 Depart by coach for Lough Key Forest Park www.loughkey.ie to include: –
- Guided boat tour with Lough Key Boats, including Castle and Trinity Islands
- Lough Key Experience guided tour of park, with tree canopy walk
- Free time to explore the park and grounds, and visitor centre.
- The Lakeside Café offers refreshments for sale
17.30 Return to Carrick on Shannon/Boyle
Evening Free time.
09.30-17.30 Depart Landmark Hotel for Full Day Trip to include: –
- Kilronan graveyard, burial site of Turlough O’Carolan in MacDermot Roe crypt, Kilronan Abbey. Live performance of his MacDermot Roe compositions.
- Guided tours of Strokestown House, and the Famine Museum. Visitors are also invited to wander the famous gardens. https://www.strokestownpark.ie/
- Lunch provided in Stroketsown House café.
- Guided tour of Rathcroghan Heritage Centre, Tulsk and Rathcroghan ancient site, including the “Gate to Hell”. https://www.rathcroghan.ie/
- Return to Carrick/Boyle
Evening Free time
09.30-1.30 Depart Landmark Hotel for Full Day Trip to include: –
19.30 Prosecco reception and Clan Banquet at Landmark Hotel, Carrick on Shannon.
Transport will be available to facilitate diners.
10.00-15.00 Depart Landmark for half day trip to include: –
Day rates are also available upon request, as would be banquet tickets.
Important notes for gatherers and day trippers: –
- Comfortable footwear is recommended. Whilst no difficult walking is envisaged there will be some walking on grass or uneven ground.
- Lightweight rain gear is also recommended as we will be outside for much of the time.
- A light lunch (soup and sandwiches plus tea and coffee) will be provided on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Departure times from Landmark Hotel car park should be respected in order to guarantee a smooth running of our daily schedules.
- If there are any amongst our number who may require special assistance, please do let us know in advance.
- If there are any amongst our number who may have special dietary requirements, please do let us know in advance.
- And if there are any amongst our group who have food allergies, please also let us know in advance.
- If you plan to hire a car, remember not to leave anything visible inside the car when unattended.
- The local currency is Euro €. You will not need to bring large amounts of cash as there are many ATM machines for your use.
- Leave your passport and other important documents in the hotel/accommodation.
- For all inquiries please email me at email@example.com or Jocelyne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you all in July 2020
Rory and Jocelyne